Rustic Chic Valentine
Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.
Today is Elizabeth Craft Designs first Designers Challenge for 2018. The Theme this month is "You Fill My Heart" and we were to create a card suitable for Valentine's Day.
My card today is a Valentine I created using Joset's Heart Cut Outs die set along with Susan's Garden Rose 2 and Oval Grapevine Wreath.
To see all the creations by the design team, go to the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog at this LINK.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use to create a Valentine’s Card??”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, February 1st on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
* - * - * - * - *
Here is how my card was created.
Card base 8-1/2" X 5-1/2" front of card embossed.
1. Cut 4 Garden Notes Oval Grapevine Wreaths from brown cardstock. Cut section out of each shade with distress ink. Lay out to form 2 hearts attach pieces using Kids Choice Glue. Attach 1 heart on top of the other. (see photo)
[gallery ids="5440,5441" type="rectangular"]
2. Using White Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top cut 1 heart with die cut hearts from Joset's Heart Cutouts die set and 1 solid heart saving little hearts as well. Coat top of heart that has cutouts with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter burnish in with finger. Coat solid heart and little hearts with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter burnish in with finger. Attach white heart on top of red heart using Kids Choice Glue.
3. Using Els van de Burgt Love Sentiments die set die cut "Be My Valentine" from White Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Tape on top. Coat with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter burnish in.
4. Using Susan's Garden Notes Rose 2 die set create 3 roses and 3 buds from red cardstock and leaves from green cardstock. Shape and build roses and buds. (Susan has a great video to help which you can find here.)
5. Cut 1 set of Garden Notes Ladder Fern from green cardstock use a little distress ink to shade give a little shape by using small ball tool and molding mat.
6. Assemble Card by Attaching grapevine heart to left side of card front using Kids Choice Glue. Place glittered hearts in center of grapevine wreath attaching with dimensional tape. Add ferns, roses and leaves on left side of heart using Kids Choice Glue. Add little hearts and "Be My Valentine" on right of card.
Cardstock - White, Brown, Green, Red
Embossing Folder - Craftwell Teresa Collins Collection - Woodgrain Cottage
Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today. To purchases any of these Elizabeth Craft Designs products just click on the picture and it will take you right there.
Be Sure to comment on their blog to enter to win. Good Luck!
Thanks for stopping by and Until next time - Happy Crafting!