Hello Everyone it is hard to believe how fast the month of May is flying by. Why is it the warmer months always go by much faster than those cold months.
Today my post is another Sunflower card I made for a co-worker. I used Susan's Garden Notes Sunflower die (one of my many favorites of Susan's ) along with some Shimmer Sheetz and the Asian Vase die.
Here is how this card was made:
- Using 3 different shades of cardstock (yellows, oranges and reds ) cut 3 sunflowers. Cut green leaves and for the seeds in the center of sunflower use 2 shades of brown cardstock (hard to see in picture but it does add some shading). Shape everything using Susan's Sunflower video as your guide. Video found here
- Using 100# white Soft Finish Cardstock make your card base which is 5-1/4" X 5-1/2". Cut cardstock 8-1/2" X 5-1/2" and score at 4-1/4".
- Cut Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz 4" X 5-1/4" and emboss with embossing folder of your choice. Attach to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using White Soft Finish Cardstock again cut Large Lace Rectangle from Fitted Frames 1 die set. Attach over the Shimmer Sheetz using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using Bronze Metallic Shimmer Sheetz cut vase using Asian Vase die. DO NOT USE METAL ADAPTER PLATE WHEN CUTTING VASE. You will have to finish cutting out vase with scissors. The inner areas will be embossed rather than cut out. Attach to front of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Attach Sunflowers to card using Kid's Choice Glue.
- Die cut a flag type piece from white cardstock or cut a rectangle and cut tails in one end. (The size needs to be big enough to fit peel off stickers) I happen to have a die cut in my stash that worked) Add your "Happy Birthday" Peel Off Stickers to piece then add to card.
- Cut 2 pieces of CardStand / Easel die from cardstock color of your choice adhere the 2 pieces together and emboss with embossing folder of your choice. See Els video on this here.
I do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today and will try making your own card.
Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies and to see all the wonderful dies and other products that they carry.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used:
#999 Susan's Garden Notes - Sunflower Die
#741 Asian Vase Die
#1061 Fitted Frames 1 - Lace Rectangles Die#1061 Fitted Frames 1 - Lace Rectangles Die
#1071 Card Stand / Easel Die
#808 Susan's Garden 4 pc Tool Set
#810 Susan's Garden Molding Mat
#811 Susan's Garden Leaf Pad
#SS 0215 Shimmer Sheetz - Bronze Metallic
#SS 0229 Shimmer Sheetz - Yellow Metallic
#506 Clear Double Sided Adhesive
#2577 Peel Off Stickers - Happy Birthday
PSF102 Soft Finish 100# Cardstock - White
#814 Kids Choice Glue
Other Supplies Used:
Yellow, Dark Red, Orange, 2 shades of Dark Brown and Green Cardstock
Small white flag type die cut
Until next time - Happy Scrapping!