Today my card is a "Twisted Easel Card" featuring Susan's Garden Notes Dahlia. This is really a fun and easy card. I belong to a scrapbooking group and our demonstrator taught us this card the other night and I could not wait to make it again. Let's get started!
- Card base: Cut cardstock 4-1/4" X 11" score at 5-1/2" fold on score line. (Note: Fold on this card is actually on the right and will seem a bit strange.) Open card up score right half of card from lower left at center score line to top outside right edge as shown in photo. If you look close you can see little x marks that are lined up in cutting channel.
Fold on score line.
Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to lower half of fold.
2. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 4" X 5-1/4" dry emboss using embossing folder of your choice (Mosaic used here). Attach to lower half of folded section centering so you have even edge all around.
3. Apply strip of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to back of cardstock wide enough to cut 2 Bead Strings 1 from (I used same cardstock card base is made from). Attach one to card front and 1 to inside of card.
4. Cut white cardstock 1" X 3" stamp sentiment in black. Susan's Garden Words That Means A Lot used here. Round corners. Cut matching cardstock 1-1/4" X 3-1/4" round corners. Attach sentiment to colored cardstock using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
5. From white cardstock cut 1 stitched circle using next to the smallest die. Using Joset Designs General Sentiments Stamp Set stamp Hugs in black ink. Cut 1 fitted circle from colored cardstock using next to smallest die. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive attach white circle to colored circle.
6. Cut ModaScrap Pair of Leaves twice from green cardstock and cut 3 of smallest ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff from white cardstock. Using Medium ball tool from Susan's Garden Tool Kit lay all pieces right side down on Molding Mat rub ball tool over giving some shape.
7. Create 1 Susan's Garden Notes Dahlia in color of your choice. Susan has stepped out how to create Dalhia on her blog. https://stierneyc.wordpress.com/
8. Arrange leaves and fluffs to your liking (do this before gluing down trust me as I am not real happy with mine). When you have them where you want attach using Kids Choice Glue. Attach Dalhia and leaves. Using dimensional tape add sentiment to right of Dahlia. Inside card add the Hugs circle using dimensional tape place to left about 3/4" from bottom this will be your easel stop. Add a few sparkles.
I do hope that you have enjoyed my post today and make your own version of this card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to see all their great supplies!
Until next time - Happy Crafting!