Hydrangea 90th Birthday
Hello my Crafty Friends thank you for stopping by my blog today.
I don't know about you but I am sure glad that spring is in sight and hopefully much of the illnesses going around will run off with "Ole Man Winter". So much sickness that keeps going around and around. I had my bout with it a couple of weeks ago but am finally getting back to my old self. That said several of my posts have been done when I was not feeling well and so I feel my work was not up to par, for that I apologize.
My post today is a card that I made for my dear friend's mother as she celebrates her 90th Birthday.
Here is how I created the 5' X 7" Tent Fold card.
- Cut blue cardstock (Soft Finish Cardstock - Dusky Sky used here) 5" X 7" adhere to front of card base using clear double sided adhesive.
- Cut white cardstock 4-1/4" X 4-3/4" dry emboss using brick pattern embossing folder. Not sure which embossing folder was used for my piece as my piece came out of my stash but I think it was Tim Holtz. Adhere to left side of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut 2 sets Susan's Garden Notes Carolina Window and Shutters from black cardstock. Adhere them together (like to double them up to give dimension) using Kids Choice glue. Trace around edge of window onto yellow cardstock and cut out cutting on inside edge of line so it will not stick out beyond the window. Adhere using Kids Choice Glue to back of window to make it look like lights are on. Adhere window onto brick section making sure to leave room at bottom of window for the hydrangeas.
- Making the hydrangeas. I made 6 hydrangeas using Susan's Garden Notes Hydrangea 2 die set. 5 I cut the stem off leaving 1 with stem. These hydrangeas were made using various shades of blues and some white cardstock but the way I prefer is to use various shades of blue, a bit of green and pink PanPastels wiped with a sponge over white cardstock then cut out the flowers as they seem more realistic. That being said cut your flowers however you would like to make them then shape and build your flowers. Use Susan's video to guide you it is very helpful. You can find video here.
- Using Kids Choice Glue attach hydrangeas under the window being sure to only put glue on very edge of hydrangea. Add as many leaves as you wish - hydrangeas have a lot of leaves.
- From white cardstock cut 1 Stitched Fishtail (4th smallest in set) stamp with sentiment using black ink. My sentiment was printed from my computer so in that case I printed then centered die over the sentiment and die cut. Attach to right side of card using dimensional tape. Attach hydrangea to top of sentiment piece using Kids Choice Glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used
Susan's Garden Notes - Hydrangea 2
Susan's Garden Carolina Window and Shutters
Soft Finish Cardstock - White, Dusky Sky
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kids Choice Glue
Susan's 4pc Tool Set
Other Supplies Used
Brick Embossing Folder
Well that is it for today I do hope that you will visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for all their great products.
Until next time - Happy Crafting!