Baby Rose Card
Hello to all my crafty friends out there! I keep hoping for that spring weather to come and stay for a while but seems we get a couple of days of spring and then back into winter with cold temps and snow but then I have to stop and think we have nothing to complain about when you look at what so many in the southern states are going through I need to feel very very lucky! My heart goes out to them for sure.
Today I am posting a card that was made for my new great great niece. Susan's Garden Notes Rose 2 was used along with Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched and Fitted Fishtail dies, Moda Scrap Dandelion Fluff dies and Suzanne Cannon Baby Love die set.
Although this card is my design the background of the card is not mine I cased it from Lauri Coons - Stampin Friends and I have told her that I had cased it. She had posted a card on Facebook and I was intrigued so had to try it. I chose colors to go with my card theme but the sky is the limit.
Here is how the card was created.
Note: Lauri said to do all your cutting on circles before embossing so that is what I did.
Card base is 5-1/2" square.
- Using white Soft Finish cardstock punch 4 circles 1-3/4" diameter (Els van de Burgt Studio has Fitted Circle dies that could be used one circle is 1-1/2" and the next size up is 2" and I would go with the 2" rather than the smaller as you have to cut these circles into fourths). Cut 4 circles 1-3/4" diameter from pink cardstock and 4 from white cardstock. Cut each circle into fourths. Next emboss all the pieces using embossing folder of your choice I decided to use two different embossing folders. Run all pieces through a little Xyron create-a-sticker. Note: You could use Clear double Sided Adhesive on the back of your cardstock before punching circles but you just have to work a little at times to get backing off adhesive once it has been embossed but it does work. Actually makes it easier to layout your pattern before sticking pieces down especially if you have many colors that you are using.
- Adhere pieces to card front - this card has 3 rows. The following picture shows 3 colors this is just a sample to go by.
- From pink cardstock cut 1 Stitched Fishtail using #5 die (I always number my dies on the back side with black sharpie when I get them).
- From white cardstock cut 1 Fitted fishtail from #4. Using Clear Double sided Adhesive adhere white fishtail to pink. Attach to right front of card using dimensional tape.
- From pink cardstock cut Baby using Suzanne Cannon's Baby Love die set and cut girl using Els van de Burgt Studio It's A Boy / Girl die set. Adhere to Fishtail using Kids Choice glue.
- Create 3 pink roses and several rose buds using Susan's Garden Notes Rose 2 die set and pink cardstock and leaves from green cardstock. Shade using Susan's Garden PanPastels Set 1 shape using Susan's Garden 4 pc. Tool Kit and her video as a guide. Video can be found here.
- From a light green cardstock using ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff cut 2 pair. To add a little color to tips of fluff Viva Pearl Pen was used let dry completely. Lay each fluff face down on molding mat using medium ball tool from tool kit rubbing gently to give a little dimension. Turn over do same on front side randomly in each piece.
- Arrange Dandelion Fluffs on left side of card when where you want adhere them with Kids Choice Glue. Do the same for the roses and leaves.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Susan's Garden Notes Rose 2
ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff
Els van de Burgt Fitted Fishtails
Els van de Burgt Stitched Fishtails
Els van de Burgt It's A Boy / Girl
Suzanne Cannon Baby Love
Susan's Garden PanPastels Set 1
Susan's Garden 4 pc. Tool Kit
Soft Finish Cardstock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kids Choice Glue
Cardstock pink and 2 shades of green
Viva Pearl Pen - Salmon
Xyron create- a- sticker 1.5"
Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for great supplies and check out their blog for so many great creations.
Well that is it for today I do hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Until next time - Happy Crafting!