Hearts & Roses Birthday
Hello Everyone! Today I am posting a birthday card I made for my niece using one Susan's Garden Notes newest dies Rose 3 and Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Hearts.
Here is the tutorial so you can craft your own card. Card is a 6" X 6" top fold but could also be done as a side fold - whichever you prefer.
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 6" X 12" score at 6" fold on score line to form card base.
- Cut patterned paper 5-3/4" X 5-3/4" adhere to front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut 4 chains using Chains 1 die set and white Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on back. Adhere to card front 1/4" in from outer edge lining up ends at edges of patterned paper and watching corners to make sure they cross between links. Do sides first then top and bottom.
- Cut 4 of smallest hearts from Entwined Hearts die set using white Soft Finish Cardstock again with adhesive on the back. Adhere to corners.
- Cut 2 each of both sizes of Entwined Hearts from white Soft Finish Cardstock that has adhesive on the back. Stack 2 largest together offsetting ever so slightly adding dimension. Repeat for the smaller 2 hearts. Adhere largest hearts on card front then add smaller ones on left side of larger hearts.
- Using yellow cardstock (or color of your choice to match your patterned paper) and Susan's Garden Notes Rose 3 cut enough petals to make 2 roses and 1 bud. From darker green cardstock cut stems and leaves. Shade and shape using Susan's Garden 4 pc Tool Kit, Molding Mat and Leaf Pad. For Help shading and shaping Susan's video on rose 2 can be very helpful. You can find video here
- Cut 2 Moda Scrap Leafy Branch 5 from lighter green cardstock. Add a little shading. Lay branches face down on molding mat shape each leaf using small loop tool. Turn over use tool on stems. Adhere to right side of largest heart using Kids Choice Glue. Adhere roses and leaves.
- Add sentiment (stickers, stamps or small die cuts can be used - stickers used here) to white cardstock in shape of your choice. Adhere to left side of smaller heart using dimensional tape.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Susan Garden Notes Rose 3
Els van de Burgt Studio Entwined Hearts
Els van de Burgt Studio Chains 1
Moda Scrap Leafy Branch 5
White Soft Finish Cardstock
Susan's Tool Kit
Kids Choice Glue
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Cardstock - yellow and 2 shades green
Forest Moss Distress Ink
Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for all your great supplies to make yourself a card.
Until next time - Happy Crafting!
Post a Comment