Hi Everyone hope that you all have had a great Christmas - ours was great spending time with family and friends.
Today I am posting a birthday card for a dear friend with whom I have been friends with for about 60 years. My card uses Karen Burniston's Flower Pot Pop Stand and Susan's Garden Notes Small Poinsettia as well as her White Pine Boughs & Pinecones along with Els van de Burgt Holiday Garlands 2 and A Way With Words Happy Birthday.
Here is how I made the card.
- Using Karen Burniston's video and Flower Pot Pop Stand die set - the flower pot cut from a color cardstock of your choice (Sea Glass was used here). Cut and build the flower pot according to the video.
- Using Susan's Garden Notes Small Poinsettia and white cardstock cut 7 or 8 poinsettias making sure you cut a set from green cardstock for each flower. Shade and shape each flower using Susan's PanPastels Set 1 and her 4 pc Tool Kit. Susan has a great video to help you with this you can find it here. Cut strips of clear plastic approximately 1/4" wide (I used some packaging plastic that I had saved as it is sturdy). Attach flowers to one end using Kids Choice Glue.
- Using Susan's garden Notes White Pine Boughs & Pinecones die set and green cardstock cut enough pine boughs for the front of card and to fill in in the flower pot. Using a little of the orange PanPastel from set 1 shade each pine bough just a little. Pinch up the needles to give dimension.
- Take a piece of white cardstock (making sure that it is big enough to cut out happy birthday and 2 holiday garlands from this piece) cover 1 side with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Lay happy birthday die and the holiday garland die face down on side of cardstock where adhesive is - die cut. You will have to cut a second garland. Pull back the protective covering being very careful not to touch the adhesive with fingers. Add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter all over tap off excess and burnish in with finger.
- Cut smallest Dotted Rectangle from white cardstock and the next size up from colored cardstock that matches your printed paper (CTMH Sea Glass used here). Stamp sentiment on white rectangle with black ink. Adhere white rectangle to colored rectangle using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Attach 5 or 6 poinsettias to cross pieces of flower pot using Kid's choice Glue attaching by the clear plastic piece. Then fill in with pine boughs to your liking.
- Cut card base from white cardstock 6" X 12" score at 6". Lay pop stand die onto cardstock lining up die on the score line. You will want to lay your filled flower pot folded flat lined up with pop stand to find out how low you will need to cut the pop stand. Refer to Karen's video for cutting pop stand and attaching the flower pot.
- Cut 1 piece of printed paper 5-3/4" square and attach to the back of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive making sure to avoid the die cut spots.
- Cut 1 piece of colored cardstock 5-3/4" X 2-1/2" attached to top of card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Cut 1 piece of printed paper 5-3/4" X 3-1/4" attach to lower part of card front once again avoiding the die cut area. Cut 2 pieces of of printed paper 1-3/4" X 6" attach to inside of card along outer edge. Cut 2 pieces of colored cardstock 1-1/4" attached on each side of inside card next to the printed paper. Add snowflake garlands on each side attaching to the colored cardstock using Kids Choice Glue. Using foam tape / pop dots attach the rectangles w/ sentiment to right side of inside of card.
- Add Happy B and a poinsettia to left of card where the 2 papers meet using Kids Choice Glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
1226 Susan's garden Notes - Small Poinsettia
1091 Susan's Garden Notes White Pine boughs & Pinecones
1205 Karen Burniston Flower Pot Pop Stand
1259 Els van de Burgt Holiday garlands 2
1174 Els van de Burgt Dotted Rectangles
1161 Suzanne Cannon Quietfire - Happy Birthday
30115 Susan's PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit 1
808 Susan's Garden 4pc Tool Kit
810 Large Molding Mat
814 Kids Choice Glue
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Cardstock - white, green, brown & sea glass
Close to My Heart B & T (Printed) Paper Pack - Oh Deer
Foam Tape or Pop Dots
This card is so much fun to make I do hope that you have enjoyed the tutorial and you will make your own card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies.
Until next time - Happy Scrapping!