Sweet Magnolia & Lavender
Hello my crafty friends. Today I am posting a card I made for a dear friend who lost her sister recently. My card is 6" X 6" top fold and uses Susan's Garden Notes - Southern Magnolia, CountryScapes Lavender and Mini Botanicals - Clematis & Ivy along with Els Dotted Scallop Squares.
Here is how I created this card:
- Cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 6" X 12" score at 6" fold on score line.
- Cut purple cardstock 5-3/4" square.
- Using white cardstock and largest die from Els' Dotted Scallop Squares die set cut 1 scalloped square.
- Ink all edges on all these pieces using ink color of your choice. (Vintage Photo Distress Ink used here).
- Assemble using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- For heart wreath either draw out heart shape on cardstock or if you have heart dies you can cut heart using the die. (You want it to be approximately 5".)
- Using largest leaf die from Susan's Garden Notes - Southern Magnolia and green cardstock cut approximately 30-40 leaves. Color and shape all leaves. See Susan's video for this part you can find it here.
- Make 1 magnolia using same video as a guide.
- Once all leaves are shaded and shaped lay your leaves out on your heart shape keeping them all going in same direction. When satisfied with placement glue leaves on with clear drying glue.
- Attach heart wreath to card front using clear double sided adhesive.
- Using Susan's CountryScapes Lavender die set cut 1 stem using medium green cardstock. Shade with a slightly darker ink.
- Cut florets for lavender 6-8 times from purple cardstock. Place florets face up on hard rubber mat or gum eraser and with smallest ball tool in Susan's Tool Kit cup each floret.
- Use clear drying glue to attach florets to stems making as full as you like.
- Cut 2 bows from Shimmer Sheetz glue together off setting slightly.
- Cut 2 vines from green cardstock using Susan's Mini Botanical Clematis & Ivy die set.
- Cut florets 5-6 times from white cardstock. Lay florets face up on hard rubber mat. Using yellow marker make yellow center in each floret and using smallest ball tool cup each. Attach florets to vine using clear drying glue.
- Lay stem of lavender on left of heart wreath attaching with clear drying glue. (Glue only in center of stems where they all come together)
- Add magnolia attaching in same manner.
- Attach bow just below magnolia onto stems and leaves.
- Cut apart clematis and glue filling in to your liking.
- Add peel off sticker (Thinking of You used here) in sentiment of your choice.
- Cut 2 easels from cardstock color of your choice (cut 1 from cardstock that has clear double sided adhesive on it). Attach one over the other and emboss with your choice of embossing folder.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Susan's Garden Notes - Southern Magnolia
Susan's CountryScapes Lavender
Susan's CountryScapes Mini Botanical Clematic & Ivy
Els' Dotted Scallop Squares
Els' Card Stand / Easel
Soft Finish Cardstock
Susan's Deluxe 4 pc Tool Kit
Peel Off Stickers
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kid's Choice Glue
Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you will be inspired to make your version of this card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies to make this card and to see all their wonderful products.
Until next time - Happy Scrapping!
Post a Comment