My Pink Poppy
Hello everyone today I have created a card for Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team from Elizabeth Craft Designs which features Susan's Garden Poppy die set. I was inspired to make a pink poppy by one that grows in my garden. A dear friend shared some seeds with me a few years ago and I just love this poppy. Here is a picture of the poppies that inspired me.
The card's finished size is 5-1/2" X 6" and here is how it was made.
- Cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 5-1/2" by 12" score at 6" fold on score line.
- Cut 1 piece of printed paper 5-1/4"x 2-7/8" and 1 piece of solid cardstock 5-1/4" X 2-7/8". Cut 1 piece decorative strip to cover seam (ribbon could be used) 1/4" X 5-1/4".
- Cut 1 piece of chicken wire from white cardstock.
- Cut scalloped oval from white cardstock (next to smallest from Accordion Oval Card).
- Ink all edges of card base and all other pieces. Vintage Photo Distress Ink used here.
- Stamp "Good Luck" from Joset's General Sentiment Stamp set in black ink.
- From white 85# Soft Finish Cardstock cut 1 poppy, 2 sets of bud petals and 4 stamens. From Green cardstock cut 4 bud petals, 2 stems, several leaves and 1 Leafy Branch.
- To color the poppy and petals Copics PP5 marker was used. Colored right side of poppy, petals and stamen then on the back side just colored edges. Using black PanPastels from set 1 color center of poppy and also a little at very base of each petal for buds. Poppies are then shaped and assembled. Susan has a great YouTube video which is very helpful for this you can find here Note:When doing the center of poppy I did it a little different to be more like my inspirational poppy. I used 3 green petals shaped with ball tool gluing them together forming a dome shape then gluing the 4th petal over the top of the dome. Added a little glue and dipped in yellow pollen. Take 2 stamen and glue end to end add a little glue along length of very bottom and roll around the little dome you made. Repeat with last 2 stamens. Fluff out the stamens.
- Assemble card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive to attach the printed paper to left side of card the solid cardstock to right side (leaving 1/8" all around edge of card) and decorative strip to cover the seam of two papers coming together. Add Chicken Wire die cut using clear drying glue in a few spots. (if you do not use too much glue you can lace the Leafy Branch through the wire in places). Attach leafy branch, stem, poppy, buds and leaves on right side of card front. Attach scalloped oval using pop dots.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Susan's Garden Notes - Poppy
Pop It Ups - Chicken Wire
Accordion Oval Card
Joset Designs General Sentiments
Soft Finish Cardstock - white
Soft Finish Cardstock - Pink Peach
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
PanPastels - Set 1
Susan's Garden 4 piece Tool Set
Kids Choice Glue
Yellow Pollen Powder
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
PP5 Copics Marker Pop Dots
I do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today and you are inspired to make your own card. Be sure to check out all the great dies and other supplies at Elizabeth Craft Designs
Until next time Happy Scrapping!