A New Home Congrats
Hello everyone today I am posting a card that I made for our store manager who has just moved into a new home with her family. Of course the perfect card for this is Karen Burniston's Pivot House Die and lots of Susan Tierney-Cockburns CountryScape dies.
Here is how I made the card:
Note: If you apply clear double sided adhesive to your cardstock before cutting your little pieces it will be easy to attach to card.
Cut blue cardstock 6" X 12" score at 6" having the white side to the inside of the card.
- Place house die on inside fold where you want it to be and then place the arbor at end of fence. Using a pencil lightly trace around the dies.
- Cut templates from scrap piece of cardstock using Susan's CountryScapes clouds and grass. Using light blue PanPastels form your sky by sponging around template and moving it around. Next using green PanPastels and grass template make the grass (if you are using a printed paper you can skip the grass step) Susan has a video to help with this you can see it at this link.
- If you are using printed paper for the grass cut strip 1-5/8" X 12" I then used some fancy cut scissors to trim top edge to make it look like blades of grass. (you will need to trim it down in a couple areas). Cut a strip 1-5/8" X 6" cut top edge with fancy scissors and adhere to front of card.
- Lie your house die in center fold lining up the center pins with fold - tape in place. (if you traced around it when doing sky and grass this should be very easy. Run through die cutting machine. Karen has a video that is very helpful you can find it at this link.
- Cut arbor from white soft finish cardstock age with gray PanPastels. You can also add some aging to the fence.
- Cut pieces to finish house using my card as a guide for colors of cardstock and attach to house on card.
- Cut 2 rose bushes from real green soft finish cardstock shade with a little green distress ink. Attach to side of arbor fanning out top of bushes and bringing bottoms together making a fuller bush at the top. Cut rolled roses 3 times and form roses by rolling with tweezers and using a dot of clear drying glue to hold it together. Attach roses randomly on the bush.
- Cut 2 wreaths from brown cardstock using CountryScapes Backyard 2 die set. Attach to front of arbor offsetting a bit. Cut tiny flowers in several colors and cup them using Susan's smallest ball tool.. Attach to wreath using a clear drying glue then add a green prill to center of each flower.
- Using tulip and daffodil edge dies cut a couple of each and assemble. Cut sections apart to fit the front of house, in front of fence and side of arbor and attach.
- Cut mailbox and attach.
- Attach clouds to front of card.
- Cut scallop oval from white cardstock using die from Accordion Oval Die set. Attach Peel Off Sticker - Congrats to oval. Using dimensional tape attach oval to lower right side of card front.
- Attach " On A New Home" Peel Off Stickers to inside of card.
I do hope that you have enjoyed my tutorial today. Visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for supplies to make your own card.
Until next time - Happy Scrapping!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
#902 Karen Burniston Pop It Up House Pivot Card
#1094 Susan's garden Cloud & Grass
#1134 Susan's Garden CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence
#1130 Susan's garden CountryScapes Flora 5
#1131 Susan's Garden Edges - Daffodil
#1133 Susan's Garden Edges - Tulip
#1010 Susan's Garden CountryScapes Backyard 2
#30115 Susan's Garden Flower Coloring Kit 1
#30116 Susan's Garden Flower Coloring Kit 2
#30117 Susan's Garden Flower Coloring Kit 3
#324 Peel Off Text Stickers (A New Home)
#2578 Peel Off Text Stickers
#772 Accordion Oval Card (Congrats)
#1071 Card Stand / Easel die
# PSF131 Soft Finish Cardstock - Soft Sky
#PSF134 Soft Finish Cardstock - True Green
#PSF101 Soft Finish Cardstock - White
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
#808 Susan's Garden - 4 pc Tool Set
Small pieces of cardstock in various colors
Clouds from my stash
Kid's Choice Glue