Hi there everyone today I am posting a card that I taught at our Close To My Heart Consultant Team Meeting this month. This card was done using the "Reflection" technique.
The card is an A2 size card (4-1/4 X 5-1/2) and is used as a top fold.
- Emboss the front of your card with embossing folder of your choice (holly leaves and berries or snowflakes are great choices.
- Cut an oval at 3" (page 42) and the decorative layer oval at 3-3/4" (page 52). (The ones used on this card were cut on the Cricut using the CTMH cartridge Art Philosophy).
- Using light blue ink (CTMH - Glacier used here) sponge over the oval lightly.
- Using either a pigment ink or Stazon ink stamp your image on oval and then ink stamp again and stamp on a piece of transparency. Flip the transparency over so it is upside down (the "reflection") and position on your oval and gently rub over the transparency transferring the image to the oval. (CTMH stamp set used Captured Moments). See tutorial here
- Attach the oval to the card front and then using pop dots to attach the decorative oval over the stamped oval.
- Punch a scalloped oval from black cardstock and a coordinating oval from white cardstock (Stampin Up punches used here). Attach the oval to the scallop oval. Stamp with "Merry Christmas" or other sentiment on white oval (CTMH stamp set "Holiday Tags" used here).
- Cut a set of Holly leaves at 1-1/4" from green cardstock using the CTMH Cricut cartridge Artistry. Shape a little and attach to the scalloped oval. Add 3 little red sparkles for berries.
- Create a card stand / easel using Elizabeth Craft Designs die see the tutorial here
Close to My Heart A2 card and envelopes
Close to My Heart cardstock White Daisy. New England Ivy, Cocoa and Black
Close to My Heart Cricut cartridges Art Philosophy & Artistry
Close to My Heart stamp set C 1423 Captured Moments and D 1560 Holiday Tags
Visit my CTMH site here to purchase your supplies and to see all the other great products
Elizabeth Craft Designs #1071 Card Stand / easel Die
Stampin' Up punches oval and scalloped oval
The Paper Studio embossing folder - Holly & Berries
Pearls & red gems from my stash
I do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial and it inspires you to try your hand at this "reflection" technique it is fun to do.
Until next time - Happy Scrapping!