Tulips in Bloom
Good Morning Everyone,
I do hope that you enjoyed your weekend. I certainly enjoyed yesterday it was finally warm enough to go outside and try to do a few little things. This afternoon it was up to 60 degrees yippee! I took the burlap off from my bushes although I had to wade through snow to get at some and I uncovered my water feature and can't wait until the weather is warm enough to get it going again. I did take a few pictures of what it is like - the garden still has at least a foot of snow still and lots of water.
Today's post I would say is simple but elegant. As you can see in the last picture I will not be seeing my tulips in bloom for a while so I had to make some. This card is a 4" x 6" top fold card and I used Susan's Garden Notes die - tulip, ECD Shimmer Sheetz and Spellbinder Radiant Rectangles.
Let's get started.
1. Cut white cardstock 4" X 12" and score at 6" - fold
2. Using Spellbinder's Radiant Rectangles Dies (see picture)
Cut pieces from white cardstock
3. Using the oval die and metal adapter plate cut an oval from Shimmer Sheetz and leaving oval in die emboss using the proper sandwich for your machine.
4. Attach the largest die cut to the front of the card using clear double sided adhesive.
5. add foam mounting tape to the frame piece (I had to trim it down to fit) line up on your card (don't stick down yet) add adhesive to the back of the smallest die cut and fit it into the center of frame and adhere in place.
6. Add adhesive to back of the Shimmer Sheetz oval and place in the center of the oval on the die cut.
7. Adhere the frame in place over the oval piece.
8. Die cut, shade and shape 3 tulips using Susan's great video seen here ( I used the light green Pan Pastels to shade my tulips)
9. Build your tulips onto the Shimmer Sheetz oval.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Susan's Garden Notes - Tulip # 1000
Susan's Garden 4 pc Tool Sett #808
Mini Molding Pad
Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adapter Plate #803
ECD Shimmer Sheetz Gemstone Sampler SS0228
ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive MM #506
Close To My Heart cardstock - White Daisy and Olive
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles Die S5-161
I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and hope that you will try it.
Until next time
Post a Comment