Hello Everyone my post today is a Birthday Card I did for a dear friend of many many years. Since it is a December birthday I decided to go with Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettia die and ECD Fitted Frames 1 Lacy Rectangles die. For those of you that follow Elizabeth Craft Designs or the Susan's Garden Club on Facebook the card will look familiar to you as Susan posted a similar one last week, what a coincidence. I do apologize for the quality of the pictures as it is very hard to photograph Shimmer Sheetz and glitter,
Here we go
- Using Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz cut 1 set of Fitted Frames 1- Lacy Rectangles.
- Using 100 lb Soft Finish Cardstock with Double Sided Clear Adhesive on both sides cut 1 set of Fitted Frames 1 - Lacy Rectangles.
- Remove protective paper from front of white fitted frames and add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and burnish in using your fingers.
- Take an A2 (4-1/4 X 5-1/2) card base and alternating between the red Shimmer Sheetz orange shade and the glittered white frames add them to the front of the card base ( I actually do 2 card bases at the same time).
- Using white, green and yellow cardstock cut out 3 poinsettias and shade, shape and assemble using Susan's video tutorial seen here as a guide.
- Using White Pine Boughs and Pinecone die and cut several pine boughs from green cardstock. Shade a little with PanPastels set 3 orange shade. Pinch with fingers to give dimension.
- Add poinsettias, leaves and pine boughs to center of card using clear drying glue.
The second card was finished off by turning it so it is a top fold card and adding the poinsettias, leaves and pine boughs to upper left corner. Cut Noel from 100 lb cardstock with double sided adhesive on both sides (this may take several passes through diecut machine due to thickness). Remove paper from top and add glitter. Attach to lower right corner. Add red gems around card where the holes are. Finally dab clear drying glue to different areas of the flowers, leaves and boughs then add diamond dust.
1090 Susan's Garden Notes - Poinsettia
1091 Susan's Garden Notes - White Pine Boughs and Pinecones
1061 Fitted Frames 1 Lace Rectangle
1071 Card Stand/Easel Die
754 Noel Die
PSF 102 100 lb Soft Finish Cardstock
SS0214 Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
641 Silk Microfine Glitter - Cool Diamond
503 Clear Double Sided Adhesive - 6"X6"
Susan's Garden CountryScapes Tools - Buy It All
30115 PanPastels Set 1
30117 PanPastels Set 3
Art Glitter Glue Dries Clear
Twinklets Diamond Dust
Hope you will make some of these cards - change it up a little using a different color Shimmer Sheetz and Poinsettias.
Until next time Happy Scrapping!!
What a beautiful card!! Absolutely stunning!ReplyDelete