Today's post is my latest creation using Susan Tierney Cockburn's new chrysanthemum die which is now available here at Elizabeth Craft Designs. My card is a standard A2 card (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) using it as a top fold card. Let’s get started.
- Take your card base and using the Lots of Dots embossing folder emboss the lower two thirds of the front of the card case.
- Cut green cardstock 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ and white cardstock 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ then using edge punch (an older Martha Stewart punch used here but most any edge punch will work) punch one of the 5-1/2″ edges on each piece.
- Cut white cardstock 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ then punch using Martha Stewart Diamond Fence double edge punch.
- Using the 2 smallest oval dies from the Accordion Oval die set cut the smallest oval in white cardstock and the larger of the two dies cut in green cardstock.
- Ink all edges of your card base and all the pieces you have cut. Vintage Photo Distress Ink was used here.
- Using shades of orange, red and yellow cardstock cut your flowers using Susan’s Garden Notes die Chrysanthemum. For each flower I cut everything twice including the stamens.
- Using Susan’s Deluxe Tool Kit and Molding Mat shape your flowers. The loop tool and tweezers were used to shape these flowers. Starting with the largest set of petals stack the petals gluing between layers (2 large, 2 medium and 2 small). Using the ball tool gently curve the stamens, glue them end to end and then using tweezers roll holding for a few seconds to dry then fluff the stamens out. Glue to center of “mum”. Cut two of the smallest petal layers for each bud. Using medium ball stylus and molding pad place petals wrong side facing up press ball tool into center and stir causing the petals to curve up tightly. Glue one on top of the other and pinch back together forming a bud.
- From green cardstock die cut your leaves. Using Susan’s leaf tool and leaf pad make the vein lines on your leaves, add green PanPastels pinch base of leaf and shape the leaf tip with ball tool. (Susan’s You Tube video for her Rose 2 die will help you with your shaping etc.) See it Here.
- Using Thank You from ECD Black Peel Off Stickers – Text set place on the small white oval. Adhere the white oval to the green oval.
- Assemble Card by taking the green 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of cardstock and using ECD clear double sided adhesive along the top attach to card base. Add the double sided adhesive to the top back of the white 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of cardstock underneath the green adjusting so it is evenly spaced. Take the white doubled edge punched piece and using clear drying glue adhere over the green at the top of the card. Add your flowers, buds and leaves to the top left corner using a clear drying glue. Using pop dots adhere the oval to the bottom right corner. Place pearls in the diamond spaces across the top.
- Stamp sentiment inside. ( Susan’s Seeds of Thought – Let Us Be Grateful stamp used here)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
#1087 Susan’s Garden Note Die – Chrysanthemum
RS005 Seeds of Thought Stamp – Let Us Be Grateful
#808 Susan’s Garden Deluxe Tool Kit
#810 Large Molding Mat
#772 Karen Burniston Accordion Oval Card Die
#324 ECD Peel Off Stickers – Text
#506 Clear Double Sided Adhesive 6mm
#114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
Other Supplies –
Close To My Heart Cardstock Olive, Colonial White, Barn Red,Gold Rush and Sunset
Close To My Heart Colonial White Card
Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
Martha Stewart Edge Punches
Pearls from my stash
I do hope you have enjoyed my card today and you try your hand at creating one. Remember that most edge punches will work and will change it up a bit.
Until next time