Looking Out My Window
Happy Easter Everyone!
I do hope that you all enjoy your day however you plan to celebrate it.
My card today is titled "Looking Out My Window" but I have to say that it is wishful thinking on my part because as I sit here and look out my window I still see quite a bit of snow.
Today is a recessed window card and I used several of Susan's Garden dies.
Let's get started.
1. The card base is a recessed window card see tutorial here but I did alter it a little so the window frame would fit. I allowed 1" all around instead of the 7/8" this makes the window frame fit.
2. I cut another piece cardstock 5-1/4" square and cut the same window in center allowing 1" all around center again (this step does not actually have to be done but it does give window a little more depth).
3. Cut a piece of B&T (background & Texture/ printed paper) to 5-1/4" square with the same center opening
4. Attach the printed paper to the matching cardstock using ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive 6mm set aside..
5. Using Susan's Garden Patch 1" Frame & Mini Daisy and Chrysanthemum die to cut a frame (I used white cardstock)
6. Using Susan's Garden Patch 1-3/8" & Mini Daffodils cut die cut 3 daffodils shape and assemble see video here it is an old video for larger daffodil but it will help you to make the daffodils.
7. From Susan's Garden Country Scapes 1 - cut the birdhouse and pole.
8. From Susan's Garden Country Scapes - Country Flora 1 cut the grass and flowers - shape the flowers
9. Cat is cut from Susan's Garden Country Scapes - Country Critters 1
10. Cut a 3-1/4" square of white cardstock and using light blue Pan Pastels color the cardstock and adhere it inside the center of the card base.
11. Build your scene on this piece of cardstock.
12. Adhere the 5-1/4" X 5-1/4" piece to front using foam tape then attach window frame using a clear glue. (I use Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive)
13. Using a small piece of antique lace fold over 1 edge glue down making a pocket for the little rod (small pc of dowel). When glue is dry put te dowel through the pocket gathering as you go. Put a little glue at both ends to hold it on the dowel. Glue to top of the window. Add a small gem to each end of the dowel.
14. Add "Happy Birthday" or sentiment of your choice using ECD Peel Off Stickers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Susan's Garden Patch - 1" #1003
Susan's Garden Patch - 1-3/8" #1002
Susan's Garden Country Scapes - The Woods 1 #992
Susan's Garden Country Scapes - Flora 1 #991
Susan's Garden - Country Scapes - Country Critters 1 #989
ECD Peel Off Stickers Happy Birthday # ECD 2577
ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive 6 MM #506
Susan's Garden 4 pc Tool Set #808
Mini Molding Pad
Close To My Heart Kraft cardstock
Graphic 45 Paper French Country Collection
Light Blue Pan Pastels (set 2)
Small pc of dowel
2 small gold adhesive gems
Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
Hope you have enjoyed this post and that you will try your hand at it.
Until next time my friends,
What a great project Christine. This is so fun and beautiful! I hope the snow will melt soon and the view from your window will be just as in your project! Happy Easter, JosetReplyDelete
Thank You Joset it was a fun one to do. Happy Birthday!ReplyDelete